What Are the Most Common Workplace Injuries?
Injuries happen every day to people from all walks of life, whether they’re enjoying a leisurely stroll, playing sports, or simply running everyday errands. However, one of the most prevalent settings for injuries is the workplace. Here is a brief overview of some of the most common workplace injuries in the United States in recent years:
- Overexertion injuries, which result from intense lifting, pushing, holding, throwing, or pulling motions
- Injuries from slips, trips, and falls
- Injuries from falling objects
- Repetitive motion injuries from performing the same motions for an extended period (this may also include sitting in a chair at a computer desk)
More specifically, workplace injures often involve:
- Muscle strains
- Joint sprains
- Bone fractures
- Neck and back pain
- Cuts and lacerations
- Headaches or ear pain from loud noises
When to Call 911 for a Workplace Injury
Whether one of these situations occurs on the job or off the clock, be sure to call 911 immediately or go to the emergency room if you or someone around you:
- Has a wound with uncontrolled bleeding
- Is struggling to breath
- Loses consciousness
- Has sudden confusion or dizziness
- Has an injury that causes a visible deformity
Workplace Injury Treatment at Affinity Urgent Care
Affinity Urgent Care is pleased to provide a full spectrum of occupational health services to businesses on jobsites and at our centers in Alvin, La Marque, and Galveston, Texas, including walk-in treatment for non-emergency workplace injuries. These include sprains and strains, simple bone fractures, headaches, wounds with controlled bleeding, and other common health concerns. And, since Affinity Urgent Care is open every day during extended hours, we can cater to employees with a wide array of schedules.
In addition to immediate workplace injury treatment, Affinity Urgent Care is certified to provide Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) screening that can help ensure your workplace is safe for your employees. We are also able to administer Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals and other important services, including worker’s compensation and follow-up care.
Affinity Urgent Care isn’t the only immediate care provider that offers occupational health services to business, but we distinguish ourselves in many ways. For example, we are:
- Highly rated among patients, as evidenced by our many positive online reviews
- A part of the Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA)
- Respectful of our patients’ schedules and keep wait times brief (usually between zero and 20 minutes)
- Equipped with clinical labs and digital X-ray machines to provide streamlined care
- Led by experienced clinicians with backgrounds in emergency medicine
To learn more about our approach to workplace injury treatment and how we help local businesses create safer and healthier jobsites, contact Affinity Urgent Care in Alvin, Galveston, or La Marque today. We accept most major health insurances, including Medicare, Medicaid, and TRICARE and offer affordable rates to self-pay patients.