Quick & Comprehensive STD Testing in the Texas City, TX, Area
If you need sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing in the Texas City, Texas, area that is quick, convenient, and discreet, turn to the professionals at Affinity Urgent Care. Our fully equipped urgent care center in La Marque provides STD tests on a walk-in basis during extended hours every day. Simply drop by our center when it’s convenient for you or reserve an appointment time using our simple online system. Our team of friendly and devoted professionals are ready to assist you.
What Are the Most Common STD Symptoms?
Did you know that the most common STD symptoms are no symptoms at all? Many STDs do not cause noticeable symptoms in their initial stages, or ever. That’s why it’s so important to receive STD testing on a routine basis if you are sexually active. When STDs do produce symptoms, they may involve one or more of the following:
- Warts, sores, bumps, or rashes around the genital area
- Swelling or redness around the genital area
- Unexplained rashes on another area of the body
- Pain while urinating or during sexual intercourse
- Unusual discharge or bleeding from the genital area
- Flu-like symptoms
- Unexplained weight loss and night sweats
- Yellowing of the skin (jaundice)
As mentioned, anyone who is sexually active should prioritize STD testing. However, it is especially important to routinely be screened for STDs if you are considered to be at an increased risk of infection. High-risk groups include:
- Individuals who have multiple sexual partners
- Individuals who sleep with someone who has multiple sexual partners
- Women who are 25 or younger
- Men who have sexual intercourse with other men
- Individuals who do not regularly use condoms
- Individuals with a history of STDs
We’re Here to Help
We understand that the thought of receiving STD testing may make you feel uncomfortable, but Affinity Urgent Care is here to help put your mind at ease. When you visit us for a test, one of our medical professionals will simply ask you a few questions about your symptoms and medical history. From there, we will order a quick blood or urine test, which will be performed and promptly evaluated at our center. Our team is also here to ask any questions you may have about your symptoms and how to implement safer sex practices. You can consider us a safe place to find the answers you need to achieve your best health.
Furthermore, Affinity Urgent Care makes it easy to receive STD testing. We know you’re busy—that’s why we work hard to keep our wait times under 20 minutes and have extended hours every day. You can visit us during the week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., or on the weekend between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Plus, we have some of the most affordable self-pay rates in the Texas City area and accept most health insurance plans, including Medicare, Medicaid, and TRICARE. Visit us in La Marque today!