Your Top Choice for Sports Physicals in the Houston/Galveston Area
Does your child need to undergo a sports physical before the next athletic season? If you’re in the Houston/Galveston area, you can confidently turn to Affinity Urgent Care. We’ve been treating patients since 2011, and we proudly offer sports physicals (also known as “preparticipation physical evaluations” or “PPEs”) for children ages 6 and older at our immediate care centers in Alvin, Galveston, and Texas City/La Marque.
What Is a Sports Physical?
If your family is new to the world of organized sports, you might be unsure what a sports physical involves. The goal of this exam is to determine whether your child is healthy enough to safely participate in their chosen sport. During your child’s sports physical, a medical provider will likely:
- Ask about their personal and family medical histories
- Measure their height, weight, blood pressure, and heart rate
- Perform a brief physical examination, paying special attention to their heart, lungs, muscles, bones, and joints
- Test their vision
- Offer recommendations on how to improve their athletic performance and reduce their risk of injury
- Answer any questions that you or your child might have
If the practitioner finds that your child is healthy enough to play, they’ll fill out and sign the necessary paperwork at the end of the visit. So, please be sure to bring along any forms that you received from your child’s team.
Get Your Child’s Sports Physical Completed Today
At Affinity Urgent Care, we understand how difficult it can be for families to fit sports physicals into their already-busy schedules, so we keep all of our locations open seven days a week and offer extended hours. You can choose whether to walk in or schedule an appointment ahead of time. We also offer school physicals, making us a convenient option for families throughout the Houston/Galveston area.