Rapid PCR Testing Available Near Dickinson, TX
Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing is considered the “gold standard” of COVID-19 screening. While results from PCR tests used to take several days to produce, Affinity Urgent Care now offers rapid PCR testing at our fully equipped walk-in clinics near Dickinson, Texas.
Fast Answers to Your Health Questions
PCR testing screens for the genetic material of SARS-CoV-2, the name of the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19. It is associated with highly accurate results, even in patients with no noticeable symptoms. Here are a few key facts about rapid PCR testing at Affinity Urgent Care:
- A nasal swab is used to collect a mucus sample.
- It is covered by most insurances, but not all.
- The self-pay cost is $350.
- Results are provided the same day the test is conducted.
- Prior notice is encouraged for rapid PCR testing—click here to easily reserve your place in line at one of our conveniently located urgent care centers.
Traditional “send-out” PCR testing with results available in 3-5 days is also available at a lower self-pay rate, as is rapid antigen testing that produces same-day results. If you have any questions about our COVID-19 tests and which one may be best for you, follow this link or speak with one of our clinicians when you arrive for your appointment.
Our Team is Here for You
As the COVID-19 crisis continues, so does our commitment to your family’s health and safety. Visit an Affinity Urgent Care location near Dickinson for rapid PCR testing today. You can be assured that we’re taking every precaution possible to ensure a hygienic and safe environment for our patients and staff.