Don’t Skip Your Annual Flu Shot, Alvin Residents!
Attention, residents of Alvin, Texas: If football is on TV and summer temps begin to subside, it’s time to receive your annual flu shot and help prevent the spread of influenza in your community. That’s where Affinity Urgent Care comes in! We make it simple to get a pediatric or adult flu shot with walk-in availability, an online check-in system, and extended hours every day (including weekends).
Do I Need a Flu Shot?
Everyone over the age of 6 months (with rare exception) should be vaccinated against the flu on an annual basis. This includes young adults who are otherwise healthy. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), it’s especially important for the following groups to receive a flu shot and protect themselves against serious complications:
- Adults over age 65
- Children between the ages of 6 months and 2 years
- Adults with chronic health conditions, such as diabetes, asthma, and heart disease
- Women who are pregnant or who have recently given birth
- People who are obese or have a body mass index (BMI) over 40
- People who live in assisted living homes or long-term care facilities, such as rehabilitation centers
Get Your Flu Shot Today
Stop by Affinity Urgent Care today to receive your flu shot and protect your health this flu season. Our clinicians are here to answer any questions you may have about the vaccine and its possible side effects. We proud to serve families in Alvin and surrounding communities.