FAQ: COVID-19 Antibody Test
- Who is the Manufacturer for the COVID-19 Antibody test? Confirm Bioscience, https://www.confirmbiosciences.com/covid-19-resources/
- What is the accuracy of the antibody test? The manufacturer is reporting 90-95% accuracy in verification testing
- What is the benefit of this test? This test is used to indicate whether a person has been infected with Coronavirus but cannot determine if they have active disease. A negative test does not rule out active disease, further testing is required for that.
- Is it a real test or a fake test? It is a real test currently pending FDA approval with many others. Application to the FDA has been completed by the manufacturer.
- Why does it get reported to the state? County and State Health Departments are requiring reporting for monitoring of the extent of the disease spread.
- How long does the test take? 10-15 minutes once the sample is collected.
- Can I use my insurance? No, insurance will not cover the cost until FDA approval.
- Can anyone get the antibody test? Yes!